Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Meeting a Stranger

Yesterday, when Ethel & I were standing on line at the bank, there was a black man behind me who openly started a conversation with me as we moved along the line. He is from Florida that's what he said. He was in the air force in Okinawa, Japan and now working in the Continental as a mechanic. He 's been working here on Guam for more than 10 years and interestingly we figured out that he happened to know my father who also used to work at the continental here as a mechanic too. I don't know if this is a fact, there is no evidential proof to this. However, this man wanted to be my friend after we found out that my dad used to be his co-worker. He told me how expensive the flights are & that he is willing to let me use his buddy pass if I need to. He kindly asked for my e-mail address to check if I will need help. During our conversation, there were TWO voices spoken to me. * The first voice negatively said, "Do not trust any stranger, this man is trying to get you & destroy you." *The second voice positively said, "This is a good opportunity & this man could be an angel sent from God to be one of your supporters for Palau Mission Trip since he offered his buddy pass to you."
I've been worried about the cost for this trip because I haven't really saved a lot so far.
After I finished deposit, the man called me to the waiting area. Again, those two same voices were wrestling through my mind but the positive voice become stronger this time saying " Common' take this opportunity, why don't you give out one of your support letter to him?" So I finally pulled one of my brochure & gave it to him. After he saw the total cost ($800.00), he said "I'll try to support you either having you use my buddy pass or give you some money." He gave me his phone # and e-mail add. I'M CONFUSE! What you think?

No comments: